Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Makes24 macaroons
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- Made withSPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- % Daily Value*
- Energy103 kcal132.05%
- Total Fat10.00 g12.82%
- of which saturates9.00 g3.27%
- Total Carbohydrate5.00 g1.82%
- of which sugars1.60 g0.58%
- Fibre3.00 g10.71%
- Protein0.60 g1.2%
- Salt14.00 g5.09%
For deeper coconut flavor, toast coconut on a baking sheet for 5 minutes until just barely starting to show color. Set aside to cook slightly.
Whisk the egg whites, SPLENDA® Granulated, almond essence and salt in a large bowl until frothy.
Combine the coconut and egg whites mixture.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. With wet hands to prevent sticking, shape the coconut into small balls and space them an inch apart on the baking sheet.
Bake the macaroons for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.