French Onion Soup
4 servings, ready in 1 hour and 25 minutes
Learn now how to make French Onion Soup! This delightful recipe is surprisingly easy to make with our step-by-step instructions. Try it now with SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative, Granulated!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and SPLENDA® Granulated and stir well to coat in the oil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the top of the onions with a piece of damp grease-proof paper, cover with a lid and leave to cook for 45 minutes.
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the onions are soft.
- Remove the paper, increase the heat and stirring allow the onions to brown.
- Add the flour and stir for a further 1 minute.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring to make a smooth soup.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes then stir in the lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Rub the clove of garlic over the bread slices, place on a baking sheet and spray with low fat cooking spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve the soup with the croutons on the side, garnished with parsley.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½kg onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1½ litre good quality beef stock
- Juice half a lemon
- 8 slices French bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Low fat cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
|of which saturates||4.30g|
|of which sugars||21.20g|