Rack of Lamb with Mushroom & Passionfruit Sauce
4 servings, ready in 35 minutes
Learn now how to make a rack of lamb! This delightful recipe is surprisingly easy to make with our step-by-step instructions. Try it now with SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative, Granulated!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, until hot.
- Add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the juices from the mushrooms have been released and evaporated.
- Add the wine and let it bubble for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, passion fruit juice and SPLENDA® Granulated and stir until smooth.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and hot. To cook the lamb, heat a frying pan until hot and dry fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.
- Place in a roasting tin and cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving into cutlets and serving with the hot sauce.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150g mixed mushrooms, sliced e.g. baby portabella, oyster or chestnut
- 125ml red wine ½ tbsp plain flour
- 125ml beef stock
- Juice of 2 large passion fruits, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1-2 racks of lamb with 8 cutlets
|of which saturates||19.60g|
|of which sugars||1.30g|