Fragrant Spiced Chicken with Pickled Carrot and Cucumber Salad
4 servings, ready in 55 minutes
Learn now how to make Spiced Chicken Salad! This delightful recipe is surprisingly easy to make with our step-by-step instructions. Try it now with SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative, Granulated!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Preheat a griddle and keep it hot until ready to use.
- Peel the carrots then use the peeler to shave the carrot in to ribbons. Shave the cucumber too, but make sure to discard the middle seeds. Place both into a bowl with the shallot, adding the salt, SPLENDA® Granulated and mint leaves. Stir well and set aside.
- Stir together the garlic, cumin, lime, turmeric and oil and rub over the chicken. Place the chicken carefully on to the griddle, probably 2 at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Make sure that you leave the chicken to seal for a few minutes before touching.
- Drain off the vinegar marinade from the carrot then serve the salad with the chicken. All you may need is a handful of punchy salad greens.
Tip: Use tofu or Quorn instead of chicken for a vegetarian option.
Tip: Roll the lime between the palms of your hands to release as much juice as possible.
*Diabetes Friendly Recipes contain < 10% of total calories from saturated fat, and no more than 40 grams of carbohydrate per serving.
- 3 large carrots
- ½ large cucumber
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
|of which saturates||1.00g|
|of which sugars||6.00g|